Certified Infants Teacher
Listed September 25th 2019
Puddleducks' Nursery and Preschools is a locally owned, family operated group of Education and Care Centres.
We are taking applications for a position that is coming available at our Featherston Street Centre in Palmerston North.
Puddleducks' provide separate learning spaces for the infants and also for the toddlers. Our ratios are 1:3 for infants and 1:5 for the toddlers, they are also supported by a Housekeeper and a full time reliever.
We aim to have 100% qualified or 3rd year in training teachers in each room.
Puddleducks' provide a professional development programme to ensure teachers are achieving their personal and professional goals. There is financial support for external professional development and team building. We hold an annual internal conference with national and international speakers and workshops. We have two educational leaders who support all our teachers and philosophy across the Puddleducks' Centres.
Puddleducks' also recognise achievements monthly and annually with an internal awards evening to celebrate individual and team success, including service to Puddleducks' through long service leave.
You will need to value:
An environment for teachers, akonga and whanau where relationships are at the forefront of all we do.
Successful candidates will:
- Be excited, enthusiastic and passionate about learning;
- Develop warm reciprocal relationships with children and families;
- Be a team player, value ideas and share knowledge with a close-knit team;
- Be willing to learn, flexible and reliable;
- Show commitment towards professional development and keeping up to date with current theory and research and sharing this with the team;
- Hold proven ability to work within a diverse group of adults and have a sense of humour.;
- Be a teacher who is confident in using their initiative in activities for children and a fresh and innovative approach to setting up the environment;
- Be someone who can shine as an individual but collaborate amongst a strong team;
- Seek to further develop teaching skills and expertise, to ensuring quality of care within the setting.
- Be able to have fun, and see every day as different, exciting and valuable in each child's learning journey.
You will need experience and follow a Philosophy of:
- Primary Care,
- Free Movement, &
- Baby Sign
If you are looking to be who you are, reach your potential set by you, and supported to be reflective in all you do, so that our akonga receive the best early education experience they can; then we would love to hear from you.
Puddleducks' Nursery and Preschool Featherston Street is open from 7:00am to 6:00pm. We close for two weeks over Christmas and New Year to give all our team and children an opportunity to spend time with family and relax before a new year begins.
You can find more about us on our Facebook page, including our photo albums: click here
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.